Saturday, July 30, 2011

Raising Arizona

In Raising Arizona, the union of opposites becomes home to a baby. The criminal dad's fugitive friends see a lot of potential - 'awww he's a real little tearaway' 'a hellraiser for sure'; the policeman mum's friends see a lot too - 'Look how straight up, he goin' be a police for sure.'

My father and I have our share of depression - its mild but it runs deep. (How deep? I call it our share because i sometimes think if more people were out of denial about the awful wrongness of modern life, doing their share, I could be relatively chipper.)

When my son was starting to cry recently, he joked 'The depression sets in.' Hopefully we can do better for him. I hope we can teach him his life rests on greater courage than the troubles of any day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.