Monday, October 17, 2011

I, Jerk

I've been reflecting on the rather obstreperous tone i took in a blog discussion a few weeks ago. I was using the blog wife's iPhone and couldn't edit what I was writing very easily. And I was bored because i was waiting around in sleep school. And, from my pov, the original post was not at all convinving - and because I like the blog I probably overinvested in it and felt disappointed. And it was using a non-convincing argument to blot me out as a rational person.
But all these factors only explain but don't excuse. They explain why i didn't have some of the usual veil of secrecy I like to hide my rage and hostility in. I am always a Jerk. Unfortunately the stars aligned and i failed to conceal it. Repentance is consciousness-raising. I have to give up the false consciousness that being right makes everything all right, that I am not going to actually hurt people.

(Still loving Hegel, by the way.)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.