Monday, September 23, 2013

Liberal Government

While I'm temperamentally uncomfortable with liberal government, I think it's time to take the opportunities it presents seriously.  I take the Liberal party positions as coming out of the idea that to have a self is an achievement, and to maintain the autonomy of that self is the foundation of all serious and responsible living. They see a lack of self -centeredness as a lack, an immaturity, and I have to say at least for myself they are (would be - I don't believe I've ever come up at Liberal party HQ) right.

While a lack of self-centredness is a lack and having a self is good, having a bad self is conceivable - the self should be defined by negativity about the right things. There are some things it is appropriate to be negative about - laziness is probably worst.

I'm going to take this three years as a season for self-serving industriousness, for taking opportunities to work and profit seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.