Friday, November 11, 2011

Super-conscious self

When I bought my iPod (2nd hand) the seller left some content on it, including some talks by a positive thinking guru. His technique was a snake-oil for getting behind your thrownness and choosing your mood by imagining greatness was just now beginning like the dawn, and that soon all would be well. One of his more amazing assertions was that positive expectation would control reality - that setting off visualising the empty carpark near the door of your destination could really produce an empty car park there.

Yesterday and today i've been at 6s and 7s. Traveling to Sydney early, my flight was canceled. Then we had no hire car, and getting one was expensive. Then we missed a turnoff and spent 40minutes in Sydney peak hour fighting our way back, but I narrowly managed to check in. But then I had booked a flight back to Melbourne's other airport, and it was too pricey and long bus rides to get to the right airport and collect my car.
This morning I was riding to work and thinking that my allergies were bad, and suddenly remembered that i had an appointment for a desensitization shot in ten minutes. I madeit to the shot, but got to work quite late, and discovered that I had missed a talk by David Snowden, a guru of knowledge management and decision elicitation.
What does it all mean? Nothing? I need to pay more attention? Diarise more? Brain is doing its best with actual evidence; and can't do much with what it doesn't know, and can't do anything without the body.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.