Thursday, November 3, 2011

This is That Recognised

It was about halfway through the 40th lecture of J Bernstien's Hegel course. He dropped a Hegel quote, and I realised that I had just been reconstructing him from Heidegger, Searle and others.
The quotes:
+Man Is Recognition.
+Spirit: the we that is an I, the I that is a we.
+And Bernstein - Hegel wants to say (of the universality of the work of reason in the finite mind) 'It's institutions all the way down...' (institutions are how we become I, two become one)

So all that Resolution, and This is That talk was just me badly reconstructing Hegel from Heidegger, Searle and the New Testament.
Those posts were:


These are by no means a guide to what Hegel says. But as I am starting to get what Hegel is saying, these seem more successful (where they resemble things Hegel says) and less (because they don't resemble it very clearly or coherently).

And so, this is that in another way.  This blog is what I accused Sam Harris of. Publishing before doing the reading.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.