Monday, April 16, 2012

Source Code

I finally watched Source Code, with Jake Gylenhall. He came over with some beers and a copy, and I was all like 'I've got new Dr Who, if you prefer', but he was really keen I see it. But seriously...

He is a good actor,and good looking to beat the band. And this was a tight film - well plotted and written very elegantly with emotional punch at the right times. I've been trying to work out why it felt slight. I think it was because there were no subplots. It just lacked a small thematic restatement in a minor key - someone who died but couldn't come back or someone hungry for another day, just a little more consciousness. JG's character Colter was too simply a good guy in a tough situation...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.