Monday, July 14, 2014

Strange dream

Saturday night I dreamt that I was in an abandoned city, something like detroit.  A man called Andrew was living in a well-appointed house that he needed to leave.  I was to tell him.  I needed a helper, and for some reason in the dream I chose Slate.com's film critic, Dana Stevens, because we were going to be communicating with Andrew via the sniper rifle we had with us.  Dana showed me how to stay in cover - apparently it was good practice to avoid making a silhouette for fear someone might shoot at it, and Dana Stevens really knew how to survive (and work as a sniper).  I never found out how the rifle was to be used - I remember wondering if we were going to shoot lettering into the wall, and thinking we didn't have enough shells to finish a message.  I also remember knowing somehow that Andrew was sentenced to thirty years in the house, and after twenty years still felt obliged to stay another ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.