Sunday, June 26, 2011

Regrets

I have sometimes, thinking of how much I regret, thought that it might be a rule for life. To regret is to be willing and perhaps able to do better - might it then be a rule that you are at your best when you regret everything you've done? If, by regretting the chaos and mediiocrity of this blog, i show myself better than it, perhaps i can improve it. If i regret all my scrapes and mistakes in a serious way, i am no longer that foolishyouth. Perhaps so, but won't I be terrible company?

I think it might be apt for everything you've done deliberately. But to try to regret Everything is a bit foolish. It denies how circumstances shaped me, how things outside control were important. So I regret my decisions while also remembering how little choice they were, and celebrate delightedly the times things went well.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.