Friday, September 9, 2011

MythTV

Running the MythTV computer all the time uses some power, and generates a noticeable amount of heat.  It also provides data storage - it houses and shares my iTunes library and backups. I think this idea* of Microsoft's would** have potential, because most of the Cloud I want immediate access to - not mediated by patchy internet services.  I want it to be 'the Cloud' for occasions: accessing my data when I happen to be in France, or when my house burns down.  I don't want to have to talk to the US every time I clean out my email, or my iTunes library.  Would I be willing to store someone else's data on a reciprocal basis, and have the cloud in my home? Maybe***.


* Data Furnaces - 'Cloud' servers as the heat source for the hot water service and perhaps home heating.
** except power consumption / per electronic utility is on its way down and down.
*** THE LORD occupies his home (the Temple) by means of a Cloud - see 1 Kings 8:10 -
10And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.