Monday, December 16, 2013

Eat a good lunch for $2 a day

Here are two basic meals I make in bulk and freeze for future use - almost always my work lunch:

Both: frozen peas, beans, and broccoli from a kilo bag $4-5.

Then either:
Salmon cakes (2 x 450g time of salmon + 2-4 eggs + some flour; ball and fry) with brown rice

Or:
Kangaroo mince bolognese starting with 1kg of too mince and a jar of bolognese sauce, plus whatever veg.  (I like onion, celery and carrot; I often stir some brown rice in to absorb excess moisture and provide some carbohydrate.)

Each batch should make at least ten meals.  Each of these meals gives you about 100g of meat, not a lot, but probably all you need, and 100g of green veg.

They are nothing special, but I enjoy them more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your chance to be heard, really heard! Finally the world will take you seriously. So do try to post something worthwhile.